This pane will store the users personal information. Many of the
macro tags will draw from this information. The Outgoing Email Host address,
port, ID and password are required if you elect to send a Digital Award
Submission to Ten-Ten. Your password is stored encrypted with a 256 bits
PTT - Selects
which Serial Com Port will be used to Key the radio through an interface. Check one or more of the serial lines, RTS, DTR,
or TXD that will
be used as the keying line. NOTE: If you are using a USB to Serial converter
between the computer and your interface unit, make sure you follow
manufactures recommendations for setting this device up. Select None if you
intend on using VOX or Radio Control for handling PTT activities. DXCluster
- You can access a DXCluster either from an Internet based
or your local RF system. Select the Cluster from the Drop Down list. If you
are going to use a local Packet RF system, through a TNC, then Select
LOCAL>CC in the drop down listing. External TNC settings will be enabled.
Select the appropriate setting to match your TNC. If you are using a USB to
Serial Converter, you may have to enable RTS and or DTR to power the unit.
Lookup - The program has the ability to lookup US and Canadian callsigns if
enabled in the Misc section. Select the appropriate method you want to use.
· None - no lookup will be performed
· Hamcall (local) - You must have the Hamcall Search program installed
· Hamcall (Remote) - uses the callsign server on the authors Linux Server
· FCCLookup - Uses the FCCLookup program as the database. Make sure
you have the correct path to the program specified so that process can be
started and stop.
· QRZ CD - Must have the QRZ CD mounted in the local CD Drive · Buck CD - Must have the Buckmaster CD installed in the local
CD drive · QRZXML (online) - This is a subscription service offered by QRZ.COM.
performs lookups directly from the QRZ databases that are updated on a
daily basis. Fill in the user id and password provided when you
Misc - Additional User option
· Show UTC - When selected will display UTC time in the status panel
instead of Local time.
· AutoFill/Look - If a lookup option is selected it will auto fill the log fields
with information that is retrieved from the lookup database. This function
will run when the focus leaves the Callsign box in the log panel by clicking
in a different field or pressing the tab key to tab to the next entry.
· Auto Solar Update - Fetches the current Solar data from the NASA.
website during startup
· Auto Fill RST - Fills the RST fields with 599 when the log filed are
· Auto Clear on Log Contact - If selected then when the log button is
pressed to log the current contact, the log fields will be cleared on all data.
· Hide Taskbar Icon - When selected, the taskbar icon will be hidden from
view and only the system tray will show the program icon.
· Handle Backspace Local - If this item is selected, then when the
backspace key is typed, it will remove the last character from the type
ahead buffer assuming there are still characters in the buffer that have not
yet been transmitted.
· Check for Update - When checked, the program will automatically check
to see if an update is available during the startup sequence. If an update
is available, a dialog box will be presented with the current information and
an option to close the program and download and install the update.
- A notch can be placed anywhere in the waterfall with right click of
the mouse on the offending signal. The width of the notch is determined by
this selection, Wide, Default Medium, or Narrow.
Sample Frequency - The is the base sample frequency used in the Fast Fouiner
Transformation (FFT) routines. The standard is 11025 hz, but you can select
any of the frequency listed to change the FFT routines performance. Keep in
mind that the higher the frequency, the more computer resources will be used
in processing audio signals. On slower computers, less than 1 Ghz speed, a
lower sample frequency may be required for optimal performance.
CW Speed - Select a speed for CW transmissions
CD Drive - Select the drive letter for your CD drive if you are using a Lookup CD.
Copyright © 2009,2010 Steinkamp Software Solutions